Saturday, February 11, 2012

blow drying blows

My close friends know that one of the things I despise most (besides loud chewers, bright lights and bad vino) is blow drying my hair. There is nothing worse. Seriously, how awful is it? I have threatened friends to not go out with them unless they dry my hair and out of pure desperation have offered to pay them to dry it for me. So, out of the kindness of her heart or because she couldn't handle hearing me bitch and moan about drying my hair my ah-mazing friend gave me one of the best gifts ever for my birthday!

CHI Air Ceramic Hair Dryer Pure Pink- $100  I laughed when I opened my gift since out of all friends she's probably heard "seriously, I will pay you if you just dry my hair for me pleasssseeeeeee" more than anyone else. The first thing that got me excited was that it's pink. Then I picked it up and it was super light. So maybe for once it wouldn't feel like I was doing bicep curls while drying my hair. This was a good start. Not to mention she lives in Florida so it's hard to convince her to fly to Chitown to dry my hair. Eventually I would have to accept the fact that I have to do it. So the big day came when I had to put it to use and I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't feel like I was sticking my head in a volcano and my hair didn't start smoking. My hair seriously takes ages to dry that both of those situations do happen quite frequently. The biggest surprise was that it really did dry my hair faster! I thought about putting my old hair dryer and new CHI to the test and time how much faster the CHI dried my hair. However, I can't think of anything worse then doing that- I love you guys but not that much. It's definitely way faster just take my word for it. I still despise drying my hair, that will never change. Because of this pink CHI now drying my hair has become more manageable and maybe I bitch a little less...
If you share my hatred for blow drying invest in this and make that wretched daily activity a bit more pleasant! Go purchase it at Target, Ulta or Overstock (or bitch and moan to one of your friends until they cave and get it for you like my wonderful friend did) 


xx

Liz

2 comments:

  1. So glad you love it!!! I thought it would fit all of your criteria...haha. love and miss you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. bree, the world thanks you...though notice she didn't say that she would never ask you to blow dry her hair again - it will just take less time now. love you both =)

    ReplyDelete