Monday, May 16, 2011

faux tan face

Sorry I've been MIA. I was couped up in work meetings in DC last week which gave me zero time to blog and my brain was absolutely too fried to come up with a normal sentence anyways. I've finally recovered and am excited to review one of my new fave products! I've discussed self tanner for your body and have had questions about what tanner I use on my face. Oddly enough I didn't use any- just a lot of (Guerlain) bronzer. I started to realize that was a bit ridiculous and now that summer and less makeup are around the corner I wanted to find the perfect face tanner. As concerned as I was about my body looking like a oompa loompa you can only imagine my concern about my face looking orange. Not to mention I put so much SPF on my face that it rarely sees any rays. I had a million brands to choose from but when I saw that Lancome had a face tanner that got good reviews I had to give my first true love another chance.

Lancome Flash Bronzer Anti-Age Face Lotion/1.7 oz.Lancome- Flash Bronzer Tinted Anti-Age Self-Tanning Face Lotion SPF 15 $38 I love you Lancome but seriously can we work on shortening the damn name?! I think the people at Lancome were so excited about this product they wanted to make sure we are all fully aware of everything it does by just looking at the name. Well first of all it's TINTED. Seriously, you can see where you are putting (and forgetting) it on your face and it gives you this most amazing instant glow! I was shocked at how easy it was to apply. The first time you put this tinted tanner on you will get a beautiful slightly sun-kissed brown (not orange) color instantly. However, you will have to put it on a few days in a row if your goal is to look like you just got back from the Bahamas. It's a self tanner, though, and for them to work they have that weird smell. It's worse when you first put it on and then it fades. I'm picky about my smells so I put this stuff on at night but if you read other (not that you need to you should trust me) reviews a lot of people put it on during the day underneath their (or instead of) makeup. Secondly, it's also anti-aging. I haven't read the ingredients but remember whenever a product has SPF in it they can claim to be anti-aging since they're blocking those bad aging rays. So, don't buy it for that reason alone. Still, if you're wearing it to go to the beach or just as your makeup its great that it already has SPF 15 in it. Simply just buy it because this stuff is ah-mazing! I'm so excited I finally have a face self tanner to match the rest of me! You can get this anywhere they sell Lancome and of course Sephora.

Have a wonderful week!

xx

Liz

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liz

    Hands down best tanner (I got it recommended by Kandee Johnson, internet makeup guru) is the St Tropez - Everyday for Face, or the bronzing mousse for body/face. It's awesome stuff, and no funny smell at all.
    http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=st+tropez+everyday+face&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9971524024145147073&sa=X&ei=6RjRTbL-Eo2q8AO90Pn6DQ&ved=0CG4Q8wIwAQ&biw=1173&bih=830#

    Caitlin (from Pioneer, Hi Liz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caitlin!

    Good to hear from you :)
    I cannot wait to try the St Tropez face self tanner! I love their body tanning line so I am sure it's absolutely amazing! You sold me at the no funny smell thing. Once I try it I will review it! I love hearing about new things that people are obsessed about to try.

    Hope you're doing well!!

    xx

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. St. Tropez tanning lotion is AAAAMMMMAZING!! My sister in law just introduced me to it and my researching for days and watching "how to" videos and kandee johnson,..i bought it (not realizing it was at sephora) i paid almost $60 with shipping!!! :( but i looooove it!!!
    Its not really keeping color in my face though after i wash it after about 9hrs....i read somewhere it could be my facial cleanser taking it off... I dont know but i love it when i put it on and the color and smell is great! No stink! No orange!!

    ReplyDelete