Monday, March 21, 2011

fake and bake

I am just as obsessed as everyone else is with that beautiful Cullen Vampire family but honestly when I get pale for some reason I don't sparkle like they do. So since most of us don't look vampire chic I thought discussing my fave self tanner's would help get you ladies a little more ready to rock your spring wardrobe's. However, as horrible as pale looks on me Jersey Shore orange is even more horrendous. If you're going to fake and bake at least try and look like you baked and didn't jump in a bucket of orange paint.
What about getting sprayed at a tanning salon? Well, I am mortified of going into those self tanner spray booths. Seriously, I did it once and ate half the product being sprayed on me. I feel like a damn car going through a car wash shivering and naked. Not to mention it looks like I spent a week in Jamaica when I walk out of the salon. You can also hire someone to come to your house and spray you down...but I don't know about you but I don't like showing all my goods to a stranger on the first date.

Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Solar Power All-angle Professional Airbrush TanBath and Body Works- True Blue Spa All Angle Airbrush Tan $15.00 So one of my favorite West Coast people introduced me to this self tanner. If you remember my scrub obsession...well this is the same Bath and Body Works line- True Blue Spa. I am obsessed! (You can do the buy two get one free deal...get the scrub and faux tanner) My first requirement with self tanners is that I don't smell like pure death. If I'm going to be tan but stink I would rather stay pale and smell good.  My second requirement is that it be easy to apply, basically be idiot proof. This tanner fulfills those essential requirements! The amazing thing is that you SPRAY it on. I blindly spray it on all over BUT I am psycho and just rub the areas in where I sprayed to make sure I don't streak (my west coast amiga doesn't rub it in....but I don't trust my spraying skills) It smells kind of tropically...not bad at all. After an hour or so it will smell more like self tanner but after you wash that smell it's pretty much gone. Make sure you exfoliate before (the scrub I recommended is excellent) and make sure you apply some lotion on your knees, elbows and other dry areas before you spray. This is super important. The last amazing thing about this product is how quickly it dries and it gives you a great golden tan-not too dark, just perfect. It's seriously is just fabulous all around!

Bath and Body Works- True Blue Spa All Angle Airbrush Tan



Victoria's Secret- Sunkissed Bronze Instant Self Tan Lotion with Tint $12
Alright, I prefer the one listed above but this one does a great job too. It fullfills my self tanner requirements! The scent masks the horrible DHA smell, thank God. Also, eventhough it's not as easy to apply it has a tint to it (which immediatly gives you a bronze look-bonus!) so you can actually see where you're applying it. Genius. Seriously, why did it take all these scientists so many damn years to figure out adding color to the self tan would be a smart move?!


Beach Sexy- Sunkissed Bronze Instant Self Tan Lotion with Tint



You might be wondering about gradual self tanners right? Well...can't help you there ladies. I have zero patience to watch my tan gradually appear and the thought of smelling like that tanning crap for a week to see a hint of color is for the birds.

Just please don't do what I did and forget to spray tan your feet...check it out people. Yup, that's yours truly. You live and you learn...






xx

Liz

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you for the self-tanner tip! Living in Florida doesn't warrantee having a natural tan, especially for pale Latinas who, instead of tanning, 'burn and wrinkle' from that beautiful thing called 'sun'!!
    Hmmm...hiring someone (JD)to come to my house and spray me down? That's a thought!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I think you just found JD another job! Oh, and I've never seen you wrinkle! I think living in Florida makes me avoid the sun more! Since we never saw it in Michigan the second the sun peeked out I would run outside to start worshipping it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the getting this info out and I am definitely going to get the spray tan! Hope you write something soon about a good tanner for the face! Awesome job getting us all this info on great products! Saves me a lot of time investigating :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you use any self tanners on your face?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am currently testing face self tanners so I will write a review on them (hopefully) soon! I haven't really used them in the past for. Also, I've never tried either of these products on my face. I have just been making up for the difference with bronzers, ha!

    xx

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always been terrified of self tanners but the True Blue Airbrush stuff is awesome! So easy to use and I love that I didn't look blotchy as it started wearing off.

    ReplyDelete